
History of St. Perpetua
A rich legacy of faith, education, and community spanning seven decades.
Archbishop John J. Mitty of San Francisco establishes St. Perpetua Parish.
Church and parish hall open for worship and community gatherings.
Rectory and school building constructed on Hamlin Road.
School opens with 200 students in grades 1–5, staffed by Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet.
First graduating class — 35 students — walks across the stage on June 10th.
Classroom expansion adds 13,000 square feet of educational space.
Jr. K (Transitional Kindergarten) program launches in August.
Great Hall expanded from 3,500 to 10,500 square feet.
269 students (Jr. K–8th) with 33 teachers and staff. 88% of teachers are credentialed; 20% hold Master's degrees.
1952
Parish Founded
269
Students Enrolled
33
Teachers & Staff
88%
Credentialed Teachers